Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBIRB Subscription to Folder

Is it possible to set up a subscription to a desktop folder? For example, can I create a PBIRB report and set up a subscription to export a PDF to a designated folder? I know older versions of Report Builder could do this, but I couldn't find an option for PBIRB. I tried looking through all the subscription settings and browsing online for an answer.

I have a colleague who wants files saved to a specific folder daily. Alternative ideas are also welcome.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This does address your question. If you look at the link for delivery extensions you can see that report server supports both file shares and email subscriptions https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/subscriptions/subscriptions-and-delivery-re... 

Note that this only works in the on-prem Report Server, you cannot send reports to a file share from the cloud service, but if you are using the cloud service you could use Power Automate to send files to a One Drive location

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Creating subscriptions is a not a function of Report Builder, that option is available on Report Server portal once you publish the report. For more information see Subscriptions and Delivery

Also, please note that the option to subscribe reports is only available for paginated report and not for reports developed using Power Bi Desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response, but this does not address my issue. I'm aware of the ability to set up subscriptions on the Report Server. I'm asking about the ability to set up subscriptions to folders instead of users.

This does address your question. If you look at the link for delivery extensions you can see that report server supports both file shares and email subscriptions https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/subscriptions/subscriptions-and-delivery-re... 

Note that this only works in the on-prem Report Server, you cannot send reports to a file share from the cloud service, but if you are using the cloud service you could use Power Automate to send files to a One Drive location

To use Power Automate, the reports (either built in PBI Desktop or PBIRB) must lie inside a premium capacity? can we automate exporting reports to pdfs with Pro license or PPU? Thanks

@nganguyensyntax wrote:

To use Power Automate, the reports (either built in PBI Desktop or PBIRB) must lie inside a premium capacity? can we automate exporting reports to pdfs with Pro license or PPU? Thanks

In the cloud service you cannot use Power Automate with Pro as that license does not support the export API. But you could with a PPU license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.