Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kelly_darren
Advocate II
Advocate II

PBI Report Server September 2019 - Issue

Hi

I have updated our PBI Report Server to the latest version and also the Desktop app.  I have come across a problem with existing reports that use the Chiclet Slicer V 1.6.2 , in that in the report in the Desktop App,  the Fields show up and work correctly but when published to the report server, the options in the slicer are missing.

Is this a known issue?  Anyone know how to resolve?

Desktop Option

Desktop Option.PNG

Published Version of the Report

Published Option.PNG

Edited

I have also checked the Text Filter visual, and my version also does not work on Report Server but works fine on the Desktop version.

6 REPLIES 6
Maggie18
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server Sep 2019 updated version has released, you can download it from this link and install it to upgrade current Power BI Report Server on your machine . Notice: Please backup ReportServer database, ReportServerTempDB database and encryption key before the upgrade.

Based on my test, Text Filter and Chiclet Slicer issues have been fixed in this updated version. Please have a check on your side.

pdbenbow
Resolver II
Resolver II

We are seeing this same behavior in our TEST environment.  PBIRS is Version 1.6.7206.42072 (September 2019), and Chiclet Slicer version is 1.6.2.  PBIRS is failing to render the chiclets.

* Edited after seeing @Anonymous's post: we're also seeing this same regression with the Text Filter visual, Version 1.1.0.  You can enter text in the search box, but pressing enter or clicking the magnifying glass icon produces no results.

I checked with a contact on the product team and they are actively investigating this at the moment. Because there is more than one visual affected my guess is that they will have to release an update to Report Server.

As noted on this other related thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Text-Visual-not-working-in-PBIRS-September/m-p/809021... the team is expecting to release an updated build to fix this issue later next week.

A new version of PBIRS was released yesterday at https://aka.ms/pbireportserver (v15.0.1102.620) if you download and install this version it appears to fix this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem, text search visuals aren't working after the September update either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors