Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jperry_hisol
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI Premium paginated report data parameter formats as MM/dd/yyyy (US)

Using paginated reports in PBI premium and we have an issue with SSRS Date parameters displaying in US format.

Browser and pc language / regional setting set to English (United Kingdom)

Report language set to en-GB

Report parameter displays correctly in preview within visual studio

After publishing to PBI service the date parameters revert to US format.

Dates within the report tables correctly reflect the UK format of dd/MM/yyyy once the report is generated.

Can the date parameter behavious be changed to work with the report language or browser language settings? Currently it is not working.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jperry_hisol

have you found a solution since ? 

We encoutered the same issue : 

screenshot1.png

After we publishing in Power Bi service the calendar format revert in US format... Then the 1rst October become the 10th January...

screenshot2.png

Do you have any advise ?

Thanks.

@AnonymousMicrosoft still do not offer localisation support for date parameters in paginated reports published to the PBI service. They are working on this but i have not been given a date as to when it will be resolved. For now users just have to make do with US date formats on their parameters.

@Anonymous  @jperry_hisol  I had the same problem, I solved it by explictly changing the format of the parameter in Report Builder as below:

=CDate(Format(YourDateColumn,"dd/MM/yyyy"))

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with the date format in a parameter.  I would like to try the sugested solution of changing the format of the parameter with =CDate(Format(YourDateColumn,"dd/MM/yyyy")).   But I cannot find where to do this.  The parameter properties does not give the option of changing the format or at least I cannot see it.   Could you direct me to where i can do the change?  Thanks

@MaisAlAlemIn your case was this with paginated reports published to the PBI Service? I ask as we tried to set that explicitly and then this generated errors after the user has picked a date from the calendar popup if the date was say the 15th October for example.

@jperry_hisol Yes I am publushing to PBI services, I tried to choose 15th of Nov and it worked but my PBI language is not english (French in my case), If I set it back to English it will show wrong date again. I am checking internally and will update the thread.

Have you tried setting the Language property for your reports 

(see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14322274/change-visual-studio-current-regional-settings-value)

This could be an issue with the browser settings. Check the information in this blog post http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell/archive/2019/03/01/fixing-incorrect-date-formats-in-power-bi...

@d_gosbellThis does not resolve the issue either, its still an issue in IE not just Chrome or Firefox, playing around with PBI service user language settings can make it even more confusing for users too as if you update the browser settings and then change the PBI service to browser default language then for some dates it will look as if its working i.e. dd/MM/yyyy if the day is higher than 12 but for other dates like the 1st November it switches it back to MM/dd/yyyy and treats it as 11th January and the user can then no longer select the correct date as it keeps switching to US format. So for now user language setting gets left as English and everyone just knows its in US format. This is not an issue with PBI report server local installations just when publishing paginated reports to the service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.