Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohithkothaneth
Resolver I
Resolver I

PBI Error: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm

Hello,

I'm encountering the below error when accessing the web portal reports witin the Power BI Report server.  I have August 2018 release of PBI Report server installed and it was working fine until begining of last week and starting this week noticing this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rohithkothaneth
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to fix this issue by enabling TLS 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 on server an dupon rebooting the server fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Rohith

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ambarishkunte
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Rohit,

On which server did you enable the TLS 1.0,1.1,1.2 ? Was it SQL Server or some other server.

We are also facing a similar issue .  With the creds we are able to connect but getting a below error.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm.)

Regards,

Ambarish Kunte

rohithkothaneth
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to fix this issue by enabling TLS 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 on server an dupon rebooting the server fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Rohith

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.