Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

Oracle database connection error in Power BI Report Server - On Premise

Hi,

I have created a report in Power BI Desktop August 2018 version. The reports read from Oracle Database and the connection is successfull.

I have uploaded the report to an On-Premise Power Bi report server August 2018 version. I want to schedule the data refresh for every 1 hour and when I tried testing the connection, It displays the below error saying "The provider being used is deprecated: 'System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.'. Please visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=272376 to install the official provider"

PBIRS_OracleDBError.JPG  

The server contains the latest ODAC components including Oracle client 12.2. Also I have added appropriate tnsnames.ORA file in the respective path.

Still could'nt figure what is to be done to resolve the error.

Kindly provide suggestions.

Thanks,

Mithra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

The database I was trying to connect had firewall rules setup and hence the error message. Once the firewall rules where updated to accept connection to the Report server, I was able to test the connections successfully.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

The database I was trying to connect had firewall rules setup and hence the error message. Once the firewall rules where updated to accept connection to the Report server, I was able to test the connections successfully.

Hi @veeramohan_m 

I have the same problem

You know what are the firewall rules to add?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.