Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blairj

OnPremise BI Server no longer working after upgrade

Recently upgraded our onpremise BI server from Oct2017 to the latest Aug2018 version.  While all SSRS work fine.  The PBIX reports are not.  If I use my Administrator account they work but from normal user accounts they do not even show in the browser.   All reports have stored credentials configured within the report server and shouldn't be relying on the user permissions for data connection.  But the pbix's when run via a normal user aren't even generating the page so I don't think it is even getting to the stage of getting the data from the databases.  (Which both my normal and admin accounts both should be able to do regardless).

The reports all work fine when loaded up in the desktop app no problem with normal user accounts.  And again using the stored data connections.

This was all working prior to the upgrade.  Have attempted a number of restarts of the service and report server with no change.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.