Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gdawg41
Regular Visitor

On-premise PBI Report Server : Paginated Reports dynamic Images

Hi,

My question: Does anyone know if it is possible to have a central store of images on the PBI Report Server which can be dynamically referenced within a paginated report image using an external image source url?

I've just started report migration of SSRS 2008 R2 reports on to our on-premise Power Bi Report Server. The SSRS 2008r2 reports on the old on prem server run in intergrated mode with a sharepoint site. Images are stored on the sharepoint site and referanced in the SSRS reports as an external image using a URL stored in a sql table. This allows us to have a central store of images which could be updated in a single location and would feed into all of the reports on the report server. 

Gdawg41_0-1639597547654.png

Gdawg41_1-1639597570695.png

Gdawg41_4-1639598691782.png

When i have tried to replicate this on the PBI Report Server I can’t get the images to render. If I select an image source of external and supply a direct url path for an image stored on the PBI Report Server the image is blank when the report renders. The only way I have been successful in using dynamic images is by creating a binary value in a SQL database, converting to base64, which can then be reference in the image as a database value.

Gdawg41_2-1639597761061.png

Currently on PBIRS Version 15.0.1105.195 which i know is a few releases behind. I have downloaded 15.0.1107.165 to update to. 

I've been through various forums and not had any luck at finding a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Gareth 

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gdawg41 ,

I can't seem to reproduce your problem, try to refer to the following document to see if it helps you.

URL parameters in paginated reports - Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Add an external image to a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | M...

Image use guidance for paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.