Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zaibass81
Helper I
Helper I

On Permises Gateway credentials issue

Hi all, 

I am trying to set up an on-premises data gateway, however, stuck with the credentials issue.

It all works fine with the personal gateway.

When I am trying to add the data source (Located on the mapped network drive) to the gateway it's asking for windows credentials (Not sure why but .. ) after providing the credentials it throws an error. From the  error, it seems that it can't access the file source from the mapped network drive. Also tried to use the same credentials as would use to map that drive and still the same error. 

Please advise.

P.S. I am new to the Power BI

2021-07-07_10h17_20.png

2021-07-07_10h30_40.png

Zaibass81_0-1625651422966.png

2021-07-07_10h36_59.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaibass81 ,

Would you please try to use unc path for a network drive instead of using the drive letter. It should start with your servername. Please refer to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21482825/find-unc-path-of-a-network-drive to get the unc path.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

Hi @Dedmon Dai,

Yes, this should work. After doing some research and testing found that once the source location changed in the pbix file with full unc path did the trick... 

Zaibass81_0-1625816831452.png

Zaibass81_1-1625817158171.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zaibass81 ,

Would you please try to use unc path for a network drive instead of using the drive letter. It should start with your servername. Please refer to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21482825/find-unc-path-of-a-network-drive to get the unc path.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @Dedmon Dai,

Yes, this should work. After doing some research and testing found that once the source location changed in the pbix file with full unc path did the trick... 

Zaibass81_0-1625816831452.png

Zaibass81_1-1625817158171.png

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You do need to key in credentials for accessing that source. These may be same as which you use on your dataset in Power BI report while creating that. Use fully qualified (with domain) in windows creds. Also check if taht ID is present on Users tab

AbhiSSRS_0-1625725006355.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.