Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Office Online Server with PBIRS. Language pack installed but uses default

Hi all,

Can anyone help me by pointing to the place where I can change the langauge pack used in Office Online Server.

After installing OOS we have installed the language pack we want, but Excel Online (via 'Power BI Report Server' and 'Office Online Server') still uses the default langauge pack.

Where do I change that?

Regards Taico

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi,

We have found the problem and a workaround.

Problem:

The OOS didnt accept the langauge setting "da-DK" and it reverted to default "en-US". We still have a ticket at MS because "da-DK" should work.

Workaround:

In regedit under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International"

We could set "Acceptlanguage" = "da" instead of "da-DK". And roll that setting out with a GPO.

Regards Taico

View solution in original post

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

MS has resolved the issue and shipped the fix with januar 2019 release of PBIRS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

MS has resolved the issue and shipped the fix with januar 2019 release of PBIRS.

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

I was hoping that the august-2018 version of PBIRS would resolved the issue but no luck 😞

We have a ticket at Microsoft on the issue - but still no fix.

If we install the spanish version of PBIRS (not a viable way for us) we actully get the right format in Excel workbooks, so it seems that the issue is correlated with the language of PBIRS.

Any input would be appreciated...

Regards Taico

Hi,

We have found the problem and a workaround.

Problem:

The OOS didnt accept the langauge setting "da-DK" and it reverted to default "en-US". We still have a ticket at MS because "da-DK" should work.

Workaround:

In regedit under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International"

We could set "Acceptlanguage" = "da" instead of "da-DK". And roll that setting out with a GPO.

Regards Taico

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi again,

I still haven't found a solution. I'm wondering that it might be some kinda integration with Office365 which set the language - which we had try to change without any luck.

Can anyone confirm that it is posible to view Excel sheets with this number format "1.000,00" instead of "1,000.00" on PBIRS (English version)?

Regards Taico

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Our users language settings is danish both the in OS and browser.

But if I look in the browsers console under Network, when I open a Excel report. I can see that in the request-header send to OOS it sets:

"Cookie: DcLcid=ui=1033&data=1033"

Which might explain why we get that format (1,000.00 instead of 1.000,00). 

But I still don't know how to change this. 

Please help...

Regards Taico

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

By uninstalling OOS and installing the danish version of OOS, instead of installing the english version with danish language pack. We now have danish language.

But we still have the wrong thousand- and decimal separator. We want 1.000,00 instead of 1,000.00.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.