Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cosmac
Regular Visitor

Odd Portal nesting issue

I have looked through the forum here but i havent seen anyone post about the issue ive seen internally here.

We have a setup as follows:

User logs into a secure portal

User clicks a link to the Power BI Report Server portal

- The secure portal passes the user credentials to the pbi portal (Kerberous is involved)

When using the portal, if the user clicks on a power bi report, everything functions as expected

When using the portal, if the user clickes on a pagenated report, the report fails to load, and the report server reloads, and nests an instance of itself inside the previous instance. See image below.Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.45.03 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I've never seen this sort of issue before. But the paginated report rendering is done by the webservice component of Report Server while a different process handles the rendering of pbix reports. So it would be worth checking either in the Report Server Configuration Manager or in the rsreportserver.config file to make sure that the webservice url (which normally defaults to /ReportServer ) is not pointing to the same address as the portal url (which normally defaults to /Reports). If the webservice url was changed to point to /Reports it *might* explain this behaviour as when the portal tried to ask the webservice to render a report it would end up pointing at itself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I've never seen this sort of issue before. But the paginated report rendering is done by the webservice component of Report Server while a different process handles the rendering of pbix reports. So it would be worth checking either in the Report Server Configuration Manager or in the rsreportserver.config file to make sure that the webservice url (which normally defaults to /ReportServer ) is not pointing to the same address as the portal url (which normally defaults to /Reports). If the webservice url was changed to point to /Reports it *might* explain this behaviour as when the portal tried to ask the webservice to render a report it would end up pointing at itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.