cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmac

Odd Portal nesting issue

I have looked through the forum here but i havent seen anyone post about the issue ive seen internally here.

We have a setup as follows:

User logs into a secure portal

User clicks a link to the Power BI Report Server portal

- The secure portal passes the user credentials to the pbi portal (Kerberous is involved)

When using the portal, if the user clicks on a power bi report, everything functions as expected

When using the portal, if the user clickes on a pagenated report, the report fails to load, and the report server reloads, and nests an instance of itself inside the previous instance. See image below.Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.45.03 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I've never seen this sort of issue before. But the paginated report rendering is done by the webservice component of Report Server while a different process handles the rendering of pbix reports. So it would be worth checking either in the Report Server Configuration Manager or in the rsreportserver.config file to make sure that the webservice url (which normally defaults to /ReportServer ) is not pointing to the same address as the portal url (which normally defaults to /Reports). If the webservice url was changed to point to /Reports it *might* explain this behaviour as when the portal tried to ask the webservice to render a report it would end up pointing at itself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I've never seen this sort of issue before. But the paginated report rendering is done by the webservice component of Report Server while a different process handles the rendering of pbix reports. So it would be worth checking either in the Report Server Configuration Manager or in the rsreportserver.config file to make sure that the webservice url (which normally defaults to /ReportServer ) is not pointing to the same address as the portal url (which normally defaults to /Reports). If the webservice url was changed to point to /Reports it *might* explain this behaviour as when the portal tried to ask the webservice to render a report it would end up pointing at itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.