Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

October GA - Custom visual (Timeline Storyteller) no render.

Hey,

I can't get the custom visual 'Timeline Storyteller' to render in the browser. Works fine in 'Power BI Desktop'.

Anyone else has this issue?

I'm on october GA (server + desktop).

Regards Taico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting the issue, it does look like something is going on with that particular visual, couple questions:

1. What browser are you using to render the report? Also have you tried a differant browser?

2. If your using Chrome can you open the developer tools (F12), refresh the report and let me know if you see any errors in the console?

3. Are there any other visuals on the page besides the Timeline one? If so do they render?

Thanks!

Matt M.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting the issue, it does look like something is going on with that particular visual, couple questions:

1. What browser are you using to render the report? Also have you tried a differant browser?

2. If your using Chrome can you open the developer tools (F12), refresh the report and let me know if you see any errors in the console?

3. Are there any other visuals on the page besides the Timeline one? If so do they render?

Thanks!

Matt M.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was using 'Internet Explorer' (didnt try others) - works with both EDGE and and Chrome!

No errors. 2 warnings: "[Deprecation] 'webkitURL' is deprecated. Please use 'URL' instead." & "VM1193:2259 [Deprecation] 'window.webkitStorageInfo' is deprecated. Please use 'navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage' or 'navigator.webkitPersistentStorage' instead."

No, just Timeline

Regards Taico

Glad to here it is working in the other browsers, I tried IE myself and it worked you may want to try clearing the browser cache for IE to see if that resolves the issue.

To follow up...

I got it working now - also in 'Internet Explorer'! The problem was in 'Internet Explorer' via VPN-connection from home to my work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.