Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moeinsql
Regular Visitor

OData exception

Hi dear

I have power bi reporting server (august 2018) that connect to sqlserver 2012 and generate some report on portal prpperly.

when i want to create reresh plan. the error somting went wrong occurred and i found in log file cause that is:

2018-08-19 11:54:15.4956|ERROR|10|OData exception occurred: Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010+MissingEndpointException: The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetConnectionProtocol()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.MissingEndpointException.ThrowIfEndpointMissing(WebException e)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(String itemPath, String description, String eventType, String matchData, ParameterValue[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapRS2010Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass32.<CreateCacheRefreshPlan>b__31()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapAuthenticationHelper.ExecuteWithWindowsAuth[TReturn](SoapHttpClientProtocol soapClient, IPrincipal userPrincipal, Func`1 func)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.SubscriptionService.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(IPrincipal userPrincipal, CacheRefreshPlan cacherefreshPlan)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V1.Controllers.CacheRefreshPlanController.AddEntity(CacheRefreshPlan entity)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.EntitySetReflectionODataController`1.Post(ODataPath oDataPath, T value)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext().| RequestID = s_30867e7a-25dc-4ff1-8489-11802eb83f38

i connect to data sourse in import way and set i exacution account properly and configure .config server file currectly.

but i still have problem with this error.

please find the way that i get rid of this nasty error

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got the same thing here. Fresh install of SQL + power BI on one virtual. I can create SHARED scheduled plan (means connection to DB, tempDB, agent is running (can see the shared jobs there) works, but whenever I try to plan the schedule under certain report it goes with "Ups something happened.." and the I can find the same thing in log like you have. I`m into this issue for month now or something like that.. Also I test the connection to datasources - everything says ok, not either the refresh button when you have open report is not working... is this bug or is there way to fix this?

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Are you able to render the report? Also is this a clean install or an upgrade? It looks like you may have an issue with the URL reservation.

I can see and render report currectly and also can define datasoure for report. I've edited execution account with proper U/P (sqladmin) that connect to database  successfully.

Also it's worth mentioning that an sql server database set to windows authentication mode.

data needed for report come from one table in database and in power bi desktop it's set to import mode.

Can you upload/render and RDL report? Can you check the ReportingServicesLogXXXX in your LogFiles folder and see if you are getting any errors?

How did you finally fix this problem.  I am getting the same odata error with Power BI Report server September 2023 release.  Works on my desktop version of the report server but getting the error when going to a server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.