Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OData exception occurred: System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed

Hi everyone!

I'm using Power BI Report Server September 2019. From yesterday I'm getting error when I want to open my reports "An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later". Doesn't matter size and data source of the reports.

In the log file I have found an error:

2020-04-24 08:40:53.9167|ERROR|89|OData exception occurred: System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandleBoolean& success)
at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.GetTokenInformation(SafeAccessTokenHandle TokenHandle, UInt32 TokenInformationClassSafeLocalAllocHandle TokenInformation, UInt32 TokenInformationLength, UInt32& ReturnLength)
at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetTokenInformation(SafeAccessTokenHandle tokenHandleTokenInformationClass tokenInformationClass)
at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_User()
at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetName()
at System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.get_Name()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.UserInfoService.GetUserDisplayName(IIdentity identity)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V1.Controllers.MeController.GetSingleton()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.SingletonReflectionODataController'1.GetRoot(ODataPath oDataPath, Int32& index)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.ReflectionODataController'1.Get(ODataPath oDataPath)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContextIDictionary'2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext().| RequestID = s_e7ab09ee-face-4018-9d05-ed0f9d0178cf
2020-04-24 08:40:53.9167|INFO|89|Connection dropped. domain\username 10.176.30.141: GET /api/v2.0/me, Elapsed time 0:00:00.1191794| RequestID = s_e7ab09ee-face-4018-9d05-ed0f9d0178cf

What was done is that on this week, on Wednesday we opened secure connection to our portal from not corporate web connection.

But on Wednesday everything was working fine. It happened on Thursday 23.04 after 12:00 pm.

Also, we configured SQL Server Reporting Services on the same Windows Server and the SSRS Portal also doesn't work, but it shows error "No connection to the website" and no error in log file.

If You have any suggestions what to do with this error I will be very grateful!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.