Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

intrasight
Helper IV
Helper IV

Nothing but problems with October version of PBIRS

I upgraded from version 14.0.600.398 to version 14.0.600.434 "Power BI Report Server - Evaluation". Existing reports have stopped working. I posted about that yesterday [http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-after-installing-latest-PBIRS/m-p/301233#M2154].

So today I made two new test reports. One uses SSAS Tabular and one uses Sql Server (both against Adventure Works sample).

Both of my new test reports were uploaded to PBIRS. Neither work in the PBIRS web portal. There is no error. The small view animation (circle of spinning dots) just keeps animating endlessly. The initial centered "Loading data..." animation finishes. It's the small one in the upper-left corner of the view that animates endlessly. This is true for both the SSAS and the Sql Server test reports.

Note that I did not upgrade Power BI Desktop. Perhaps that is necessary? If so, you should explicitly say so in the the download page at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @intrasight,

Have you tried to reboot your PBI Report Server service?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think I did. But I will check again.

intrasight
Helper IV
Helper IV

I upgraded Desktop to version: 2.51.4885.1041 64-bit (October 2017) but the visual still won't load in PBIRS portal.

I had to reload or redeploy all the reports after upgrade from August 2017 preview to October 2017 GA version. Everything is working now after that. I do get "something went wrong" error after trying to upload large report with data (32 MB).

I did try that. Still no luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.