Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hansvanhoeij
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not possible to share dashboard outside domain with pro license

Hello,

I have introduced PowerBI within the company for all management reporting. Everybody is very content with it, including our CFO and CFO. Now they want to share the dashboard with our main shareholder who only has an external e-mail account. I have tried to share the dashboard before with him and it did not work, so I am now first trying to share it with my personal private account which is O365 (incl PBIpro).

I can open the report using my private account but it is not possible to save the link to the dashboard in my favorites or find any reference (under recently openend or share with me.

Can anyone please help me on this? This is rather crucial for the acceptance of PBI within the top of the organisation as you might understand.

Kind regards,

Hans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hansvanhoeij,

What did you mean "share the dashboard with our main shareholder who only has an external e-mail account. I have tried to share the dashboard before with him and it did not work"? Those recipients cannot view nothing on the shared dashboard or unable to open the link? Is there any error prompted?

From this articleto share with people outside your organization, they need a Power BI Pro license, and they have to sign in to Power BI to see the dashboard. After they sign in, they see the shared dashboard in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. 

Besides, as this the forum supporting Power BI report server, if you have any question about Power BI desktop or service, please post threads on relative forums so that you can get more help.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hansvanhoeij,

What did you mean "share the dashboard with our main shareholder who only has an external e-mail account. I have tried to share the dashboard before with him and it did not work"? Those recipients cannot view nothing on the shared dashboard or unable to open the link? Is there any error prompted?

From this articleto share with people outside your organization, they need a Power BI Pro license, and they have to sign in to Power BI to see the dashboard. After they sign in, they see the shared dashboard in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. 

Besides, as this the forum supporting Power BI report server, if you have any question about Power BI desktop or service, please post threads on relative forums so that you can get more help.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Yuliana,

I was looking for a way to bookmark the report in the PowerBI portal itself, but understand from your side that that is not possible. Thanks anyway for the link to th article as it at least provides me with the available options I have.

Regards,

Hans 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.