Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DoubleZ3R0

Not able to schedule a refresh for weekly or monthly after latest update

Greetings,

After updating to the September 2022 update we are no longer to schedule refreshes longer than a day or two.  I found the following error in the logs:

processing!ReportServer_0-5!4d10!11/07/2022-13:11:05:: e ERROR: An exception occurred when checking support for Safe Expressions Runtime. Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.VisualBasic, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.VisualBasic, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.RdlExpressions.SafeExpressionsValidator.ValidateExpression(ExpressionInfo expressionInfo)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.RdlExpressions.VBExpressionParser.CheckSafeExpressionsRuntimeSupport(ExpressionInfo expressionInfo)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I was planning to set the reg key for more advanced logging but the valule does not seem right HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog.

I've looked over various articles and they point to missing a dll file or dot net issue.  It has all the latest dotnet 4.8 installed.  Anyone run into this or have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DoubleZ3R0 @CMangrum ,

Please upgrade your Power BI Report Server, Power BI Report Server September 2022 QFE build is now available! It has fixes for ODBC refresh, custom visuals, weekday schedule, and some more changes.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1671414845815.png

For more details, you can read related document: Change log for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

CMangrum

I get the same, or very similar, error when trying to create a new weekly or monthly schedule for a report in Power BI Report Server September 2022 version.

On an exising report, I attempt to add a subscription and choose report specific schedule.  I change the recurrance to Monthly, leave all months selected, enter some calendar days and a time.  I can save that schedule, but when i try to save the subscription i get the following error in the RSPortal log:

2022-12-16 09:23:42.4073|INFO|101|Received request POST /api/v2.0/subscriptions| RequestID = s_181201e2-6e56-4141-9627-b2999aed1d77
2022-12-16 09:23:42.4073|WARN|101|BadRequest, Errors: An unexpected instance annotation name 'MonthsOfYear.January' was found when reading from the JSON reader, In OData, Instance annotation name must start with @.| RequestID = s_181201e2-6e56-4141-9627-b2999aed1d77

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DoubleZ3R0 ,

When you install the latest .net 4.8 installer, please restart your computer.

Please try below steps:

1. confirm the scheduled refresh settings are right

2. try to publish a new report to set a new scheduled refresh to test

3. if all ways are not work, please try to reinstall your Report Server 

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have tried all 3 and still no luck.

I was able to find the following in the logs after adjusting to verbose:

2022-11-09 20:59:49.5280|WARN|22|BadRequest, Errors: An unexpected instance annotation name 'MonthsOfYear.January' was found when reading from the JSON reader, In OData, Instance annotation name must start with @.| RequestID = s_58282fb0-2459-4fea-a1c0-0e0e3f225c67

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.