Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to extract data from matrix

Hello everyone, I'm trying to extract a data from a matrix, but the option doesnt show. In the desktop I have the option, for all other tables in the dash published I'm to extract but for this matrix I dont have the option, there's only an option to copy as image.

GuiGentil_0-1670515874034.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

To work around the issue temporarily, you can use @MattAllington's suggestion to create a PowerPivot table in Excel. Or you can use PowerBI Tiles add-in in the Excel to get matrix visual. See: Integrating Power BI Tiles into Office documents.

Besides, I found there is a same feature request posted in Power BI Idea forum, you can vote and comment on it: Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual.

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

To work around the issue temporarily, you can use @MattAllington's suggestion to create a PowerPivot table in Excel. Or you can use PowerBI Tiles add-in in the Excel to get matrix visual. See: Integrating Power BI Tiles into Office documents.

Besides, I found there is a same feature request posted in Power BI Idea forum, you can vote and comment on it: Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual.

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for you answer I also notice later that we're able to extract the data if you have edit option on the power bi online.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.