Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ravishukla20
Frequent Visitor

Not able to display subtotal value on POWER BI

Data is loading but not reflectingData is loading but not reflectingHello team,

We have developed the Multidimensionl cubes on ssas and want to display data on power bi reports .

but if i am displaying only data with total then reports is working fine but if i wan to see subtotal them only its getting hanged .please advise.

errror memor is allocated to this application .. can you please brief about this error and how to resolved it thanks

please refer below screnshot

4 REPLIES 4
ravishukla20
Frequent Visitor

i can see subtotal option but while selecting subtotal option complete report get hanged and we are getting  below error 

Capture.JPG.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ravishukla20,

Are you using Power BI desktop or Power BI desktop optimized for report server? As you post the issue in report server forum, I guess the issue should be related to latter. 

Based on my test in the latest Power BI desktop optimized for report server version 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (October 2017), the Subtotal is available. In your scenario, which desktop version do you run? How about the result trying the same version as ours? 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HELLO Qiuyun Yu

I AM USING power bi Desktop with lated version .. i guess u misunderstand the issue here 

on have hirarchy with three level and and i have added total as well ..

now while exploring the data on hirarchy level 

i am getting data on two level drill down and while expanding third level on same dim my power bi toll itself kind of hanged and slowly slowly complete server get hanged .. and if i remove total then its working fine hence my issue is power bi need some memory to do aggrigation if yes then why its not getting memory to perform total on my reports 

ravishukla20
Frequent Visitor

any update 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.