Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Report Server Update

Can you please shed some light on what is being developed for the next Report Server update?

We keep getting pointed to vote on updates, yet they are all under review or in backlog when you go to them.

It is hard to plan for the year when we do not know what to expect. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked this question many times, and the PBI team are not forthcoming with details. I've seen "towards summer 2018" quoted, and I've been told every 3 to 4 months. That's NOW then!

The point is that we are professionals that need the information to plan our deployments and inform our users. There needs to be a more professional approach from Microsoft to this issue. Publish a road map, and make it clear what is expected. If its going to be every 6 months then tell us, we can take it, but this vaguge fudging is not acceptable.

Microsoft please make this a better experience for the many Report Server users.

Rob

Totally agree with Rob.

All of our customers are On-Premise users and thus they use Power BI Report Server. 

We have a lot of business commitments and questions that we need to provide answers to. Simply, we cannot depend on a random/floating road-map...!

Thank you

Luai

Anonymous
Not applicable

This question has been asked in a few different ways now. Can we please have some guidance as to the roll out plan for this year?

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't have this roadmap. Maybe PG team have some information? @riccardomuti@mgmeyer

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We release Power BI Report Server every few months and are planning the next one for this spring. Current plan is it'll be a rollup of various Power BI Desktop features released (GA) between November and then.

Hello

will it be early, mid oder end of spring?

BR

https://dataviz.boutique

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update. Can you please update the Power BI Ideas board as to what is being worked on? Everything is still under review. Does this mean we are not looking to get any of this soon?

Is there a reason you cannot release specific details of what is being worked upon for the next On-Premise version? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.