Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lukas_317
Regular Visitor

New solution in the company

HI,

How to estimate resource area needed for to install serwer for group.

exampl: How many ram, disk size, licence, backup etc.

Existing web or calculating fings to estimet the size of such a solution?

ps. connect to azure cloud in the nearly future

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Lukas_317 ,

At least the following are required to go.

vhenrykmstf_0-1656915058758.png

document:

Hardware and software requirements for installing Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lukas_317 ,

Different applications have different resource requirements. Determining the type of software to be run on the server is probably one of the most important factors to consider. It depends on the actual application scenario.

For example:

vhenrykmstf_0-1656913922701.png

More details, read below blog:

How To Estimate Your Dedicated Server Resource Requirements | Server And Hosting Blog - SoftSys (sof...

web hosting - How to estimate what kind of server resources you will require at launch? - Webmasters...

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Maybe I did not write exactly, I mean the PowerBI solution,

E.g. SCCM (MECM) - has described requirements, for the main server, site server, or DP, as well as minimum requirements for SQL.

And now the question: does Power BI, also has similar documentation, where I can find answers to the scales for my needs.

Hi @Lukas_317 ,

At least the following are required to go.

vhenrykmstf_0-1656915058758.png

document:

Hardware and software requirements for installing Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, I don't know how I searched for it on the internet, that I couldn't find it,

Thank you very much again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.