Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Scheduled Refresh Plan (An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later.)

Hi there, 

I'm trying to add new New Scheduled Refresh Plan but I got this error An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later. Even I enabled the SQL server agent please anyone can share with me a solution. 

Spoiler
2019-10-29 12:41:50.7731|INFO|33|Received request POST /api/v2.0/CacheRefreshPlans| RequestID = s_b4857b79-3ba2-40d9-8f45-fb9723cc3a3b 
2019-10-29 12:41:52.7817|ERROR|33|OData exception occurred: Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010+MissingEndpointException: The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetConnectionProtocol()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.MissingEndpointException.ThrowIfEndpointMissing(WebException e)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(String itemPath, String description, String eventType, String matchData, ParameterValue[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapRS2010Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<CreateCacheRefreshPlan>b__0()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapAuthenticationHelper.ExecuteWithWindowsAuth[TReturn](SoapHttpClientProtocol soapClient, IPrincipal userPrincipal, Func`1 func)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.SubscriptionService.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(IPrincipal userPrincipal, CacheRefreshPlan cacherefreshPlan)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V2.Controllers.CacheRefreshPlansController.AddEntity(CacheRefreshPlan entity)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.EntitySetReflectionODataController`1.Post(ODataPath oDataPath, T value)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext().| RequestID = s_b4857b79-3ba2-40d9-8f45-fb9723cc3a3b 
2019-10-29 12:41:52.7817|INFO|33|Sending response. Response code ali 500, Elapsed time 0:00:02.0092546| RequestID = s_b4857b79-3ba2-40d9-8f45-fb9723cc3a3b 

1.PNG

3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved the issue by reinstall report server and restart sql server 🙂    

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
irshad
Regular Visitor

We also had same issue and main caused was space issue (0 KB) on E drive where we have power BI report server database. once cleared the files and obtained space, it is working fine. 

Regards,

Irshad

SQLJim

We are using an even newer version 1.14.8179.3738 and have the same problem.   We are attempting to use our PowerBI reports server both for PowerBI and also for SSRS reports.    Since it does not seem to work, does anyone know if this is specifically prohibited?   It looks so much like SSRS, we just assumed it would also allow us to upload and execute SSRS reports and datasources.

mgroebl

Hi, I have a similar issue (same UI message, but slightly different log message), but in my case with a custom security provider.

The problem is that the PowerBI session user doesn't get passed to the internal ReportService2010.asmx request.

See https://github.com/microsoft/Reporting-Services/issues/166 for details.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgroebl, You have to an enable the SQL server agent and restart sql server

Good luck 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved the issue by reinstall report server and restart sql server 🙂    

ali_a
Frequent Visitor

anyone can help us
Please, the problem not solve yet
addyb77
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I also have the same problem and came on to post the same problem. We are using Version 1.6.7206.42072 (September 2019) of PBIRS on SQL Server 2016

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.