Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RobMtl
Frequent Visitor

New Installation - Users can access the portal but are not able to see the reports

Hi:

Ive just installed a new PowerBi ReportServer. I configured it to run under a Domain\ServiceAccount and also gave permissions at folder level to PBIRS. The problem is that the users are able to navigate through the portal (myserver.com/Reports/) but are not able to see the reports (is always blank page). When they try to access (myserver.com/ReportServer/) they are requested to enter credentials again. The only user that can see the reports and access /ReportServer/ is a user that has admin privileges on the server where myserver.com is located.

Any idea of where to fix the issue?

Thank you

Robbie

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you might not have given people access to the home folder.

To check this, login with the user that installed PBIRS and go to myserver.com/Reports then click on "Manage Folder" in top right menu bar and check that your users have access. I often add "mydomain\Domain Users" to the home folder as we want everyone in the company to be able to get to the home folder, we then just restrict the other folders as required.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

And if I see reports, but I cannot edit them or publish my reports to the Report Server. If there is any role that need to be given for this?

Also, we are running Report server October 2017 version, and I cannot find related version of Desktop app, so I'm working in September 2019 version. Is there any possibility to work with those versions together or I need only Desktop October 2017?

Many thanks in advance! 

@Anonymous wrote:

And if I see reports, but I cannot edit them or publish my reports to the Report Server. If there is any role that need to be given for this?

That means you are probably only in the browser role. You need to be a Publisher or Content Manager to publish or edit reports.

Also, we are running Report server October 2017 version, and I cannot find related version of Desktop app, so I'm working in September 2019 version. Is there any possibility to work with those versions together or I need only Desktop October 2017?

No these version will not work together, the Sept 2019 desktop will have a lot of new functionality that the Oct 2017 portal will not understand. I think you will find that the best option is to upgrade your portal to the Sep 2019 version. The Oct 2017 portal is no longer supported and I do not think you will find the download for the matching version of desktop anywhere (plus there is a lot of new functionality in the new releases). 

Hi:

Thanks, I forgot to mention that I`ve already did that. So Domain\Domain Users  has already permission to explore the home folder but none of the users are able to see any report or to access myserver.com/ReportServer/ .

Any ideas?

Robbie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.