Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need visual suggestion with dates & milestones for projects and breaching alert if crossing dead lin

Hello,

I am looking for some help with respective to the visuals.

Requirements:

1) Project name & Dates of starting and dead line.

2) Visual should alert if the dead line date is breached.

3) Should also include the milestones like attached in snapshot.

Please do let me know if there is any visual that can help with respetive to the above requirement.

sriharv1_1-1602571618132.png

6 REPLIES 6
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

can I ask for which data source do you need this. Sometimes there are really good templates for a few data source types. Otherwise may be the gantt chart by lingaro can help...a alert is possible but I guess in the Power BI Report Server Version not that easy as in the Power BI Service....

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source is azuredevops boards

Hi @Anonymous ,

after use goolge I found this for example: https://ppmblog.org/2019/06/14/devops-power-bi-reporting/

I guess there some more reports for this :).

On which point do you stuck exactly? Do you have sample data? May be I can help 🙂

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sample data:

Feature name   Start date                  Target date   User story duedate(Consider as milestone)

x                           10/10/2020           20/10/2020         12/10/2020                                                                                                              x                            10/10/2020          20/10/2020          14/10/2020 

x                             10/10/2020         20/10/2020           16/10/2020 

y                             15/10/2020         30/10/2020            17/10/2020

y                              15/10/2020         30/10/2020            25/10/2020

HI @Anonymous ,

here is a simillar topic I guess 🙂

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Help-with-DAX-changing-colors/td-p/724154

you can change the color of your visual based on a DAX measure -> https://data-marc.com/2018/12/06/format-your-colors-based-on-advanced-controls/

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now i am able to capture the time line in features but capturing the milestones like user stories & alerting/changing the color if the feature dead line date/target date is breached is some thing that i am stuck

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.