Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to create a paginated report using an .odc file

Hello all,

Exactly what the title says. I have been trying to create a paginated report using an .odc file.

My research has told me that "Report Builder reports and models do not work with .odc file. You cannot use an .odc file to generate a model, and you cannot configure the model to use a shared data source that links to an .odc file."

I do know how to open the .odc file in Power BI Desktop, but I do not know whether it is even possible to create a paginated report in Desktop.

So, PowerBI community, what would you suggest?

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Paginated report only could create on  Power BI Report Builder Not support create on Power BI Desktop.

vluwangmsft_1-1663053306129.png

And about  what datasource  Paginated report supported ,you could refer the below article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/paginated-reports-data-sources 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @v-luwang-msft.

As I think more about this issue, I realize that it would probably make sense to attempt to convert the .odc databse to another format. The only problem is that I have not found a single conversion tool able to do the job.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I find an article ,it may be helpful for you ,pls refer it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-data/use-an-office-data-connection-odc-with-reports?view=sql-server-ver16 

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Lucien, but this is the exact same article I linked in my original question. And since posting this question, I have now discovered that I am able to connect to the file I am using through SQL Server Analysis Services.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors