Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lewis000
Regular Visitor

Need Help: Exporting data from LucaNet OLAP server to Power BI

Dear all,

I'm trying to export data from LucaNet OLAP server by using Power BI's "Analysis Services but has error message "We could not connect to the Analysis Servcies server because the connection timed out or the server name is incorrect."

I'm not well-verse in network servers. But may I ask, am I doing it right?

If not, can you please advise how I can connect Power BI to LucaNet OLAP server to derive the data? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Imex197
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Lewis,

for fetching data from LucaNet you need the LucaNet BI App. This App will transfer data on a SQL DB (in your enviroment). From there you can easily connect it with PBI.

You have to contact LucaNet for this BI App. Tools für Business Intelligence BI und Dashboarding | LucaNet

We already implemented it and it is working fine.

Cheers

Imex197

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imex197
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Lewis,

for fetching data from LucaNet you need the LucaNet BI App. This App will transfer data on a SQL DB (in your enviroment). From there you can easily connect it with PBI.

You have to contact LucaNet for this BI App. Tools für Business Intelligence BI und Dashboarding | LucaNet

We already implemented it and it is working fine.

Cheers

Imex197

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It does not look like LucaNet is using Analysis Services to host their cube. I had a quick look on their site but it's not clear what technology they are using behind the scenes. You will probably need to contact them to see if they support connections from Power BI.

There was a post about this a few years ago where the person said that LucaNet support told him this was not possible. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Import-in-PowerBI-from-OLAP-Cube-with-Java-heap-space-error...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors