Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

flopi
Advocate I
Advocate I

NLB & Power BI Report Server scale-out

Hello,
I've setup up an NLB-Cluster (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/sql/reporting-services/report-server/configure-a-report-server-on-a...) with 2 nodes and the latest Power BI Report Server. From time to time the second node throws follwoing error and the PBIRS service on that node restarts :

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: Invalid PBI Configuration, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error.

Since the error mesage doesn't say what is wrong, I've compared both the web and the rsreportsconfig between the nodes. There are no configuration differences. Both servers are using the same OS.

Due to the unexpected restart the users are disconned and afterwards are experincing connection issues for pretty long time (10 hours). The users are getting an error that the page is not accessible. An NLB issue is ruled out.

There is no entry or additional information in the windows event log.

Do you have any idea what causes the restart and why reconnecting takes so long although the service is simply restarted ?

Thanks, Bobi

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.