Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

MAAbdullah_47
Helper V
Helper V

Mysql db cannot access or establish a connection through power bi

Dear Experts

I’m trying to access MySQL db located on digital ocean cloud , My SQL Server available on PHP MyDAMIN please check the scree-shot below:

MAAbdullah_47_3-1652790347259.png

Now I’m trying to access MySQl DB through power bi I got the following error:

MAAbdullah_47_4-1652790382305.png

I downloaded My SQL connector from this link: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/

MAAbdullah_47_5-1652790449804.png

I install it (the connection) but I have the same error , please advice me how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @v-henryk-mstf 
Thank you for your replay ,  For the link you mentioned it in your replay didn't work for me , it works when creating ODBC MySQL check the screen-shots below:

MAAbdullah_47_1-1653126595646.png

MAAbdullah_47_2-1653126641630.png

But still befor going to connect the ODBC above to power bi you have to set mysql remote connection throgh ssh on windows 10 please check it from the website below:

https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-connect-to-a-remote-mysql-server-using-ssh/

When you establish ssh through (Putty) you should keep it working on the dvice (this is the only limitation) and then test the conncetion:

MAAbdullah_47_3-1653126902187.png

when your test connects successfuly then after that connect it from power Bi and then it will work 100% .

If you have any comments please email me back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MAAbdullah_47 ,

What is the hosting configuration you are using? Does it work to connect to powerbi desktop via the steps linked below?

Connecting MySQL to Power BI: A Comprehensive Guide (hevodata.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related operation screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-henryk-mstf 
Thank you for your replay ,  For the link you mentioned it in your replay didn't work for me , it works when creating ODBC MySQL check the screen-shots below:

MAAbdullah_47_1-1653126595646.png

MAAbdullah_47_2-1653126641630.png

But still befor going to connect the ODBC above to power bi you have to set mysql remote connection throgh ssh on windows 10 please check it from the website below:

https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-connect-to-a-remote-mysql-server-using-ssh/

When you establish ssh through (Putty) you should keep it working on the dvice (this is the only limitation) and then test the conncetion:

MAAbdullah_47_3-1653126902187.png

when your test connects successfuly then after that connect it from power Bi and then it will work 100% .

If you have any comments please email me back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.