Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

devleena
Frequent Visitor

MySQL connector fails for a new Gateway Configuration

Hello Support ,

I have been using an On-Premise  Gateway Connection to my MYSQL instance on AWS RDS and was able to schedule refresh everyday.

The Gateway was installed on my laptop and I wanted to move it an always running Windows AWS Instance .

So, I removed the Gateway from my machine and installed it on an AWS instance correctly . 

I created a fresh Gateway connection and did not migrate the old since I needed some name correction.

Next I tried configuring the SQL connection using the Gateway Instance and also installed the MySQL Connector.

However, the database would not connect this time. 

In my confusion, and after going through various forums installed various versions of the MySQL Connector but none works .

Next, I go back to my own machine and try connecting to my database there , which worked perfectly before , but it fails again .

The thing is  my ODBC Admin connection is connecting successfullly in the new machine with the same configuration.

Kindly help . My Production system is down because of this.

The Error I am facing says the following .

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 4.24.48 PM.png

Thanks and Regards,

Dev

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.