Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple value parameters in URL paramters

Hello

I am trying to trigger paginated report by passing paramters from Power BI. My question is how I can pass multiple values of the same parameter and multiple such parameters from URL to paginted report. There are a few threads in the forum that are similar. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Paginated-Report-Using-URL-Parameters-and-Select-ALL/m-p/88.... However, I have not found the solution. I have used the following measures. This is the base URL measure: 

Base URL =
var pid = [Selected Prid]
RETURN
CONCATENATE(baseURL, pid)
This is the measure to select the parameter values
Selected Prid = CALCULATE( (
        CONCATENATEX(
            MASTER_REFERENCES,
            MASTER_REFERENCES[Program ID],
            ","
        )
    )
)
This is the measure to download the report in a format
Word =
VAR baseURL =  [Base URL]
RETURN
CONCATENATE(baseURL, "&rdl:format=pdf")

The problem is it only generates the report when I select only 1 value from the slicer. The program ID in the service is not triggered when I select multiple values from the slicer. pic.png

pic2.png

1) I want to select multiple program IDs in the slicer and generate report for it and I also have other slicers as well where the user would generally select from one of the slicers.

2) Is it possible to download the report without the end-user-viewing of the service page? Thank you.Any help is much appreciated and valuable.

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If this is for a report hosted on the service you should be able to do this using the "in" operator

see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#filter-on-more-than-one-value-in-a-fie...

dar100111
Frequent Visitor

In the past, I have just generated a hyplerlink with the formatted values in a table already from the rows of data.  That may not be the best way to try what you are doing, but it should be easy to create a calculated field for this.  Hoping to also find other good examples of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.