- Is there a limit on the number of points that can be rendered on the dashboard. What’s the maximum number of marks that are possible using Power BI
As I know, there is no such a limitation. Also, Power BI dashboard is only available in Power BI server, not in Power BI report server.
- I heard that Power BI requires users to learn a new language DAX to perform regular calculations? Is this correct please confirm
Yes. You can start to learn DAX from this article.
- Is forecasting supported using Power BI?
- Does Power BI provides embedded dashboards in tool tips?
- Can I render Power BI reports offline?
You can open local .pbix file offline. If you want to view service report, offline is not supported.
- Does Power BI support What if analysis?
Yes. Please see Create and use a What if parameter to visualize variables in Power BI Desktop
- Does it provide the users ability to edit the dashboard and save their own versions online using Web-edit?
Users can edit their own dashboard, cannot edit those shared with them.
- Does it provide direct connection to NoSQL databases?
Yes. Data sources supported by DirectQuery in Power BI
- Does it support automatic / scheduled refreshes on the data – sets?
Yes. But for some on-premise data source, you need to configure data gateway to enable scheduled refresh.
- Does it support multi-database joins?
Yes. After importing data from multiple data sources, you can combine them in query editor mode.
- Does is support incremental loads? Does it support parallel multi-threaded data loads? Does it support field specific incremental data loads?
Power BI doesn't support either incremental loads or field specific incremental data loads. To enable parallel multi-threaded data loads, go to File->Options and Settings->Options->CURRENT FILE->Data Load->checkbox 'enable parallel loading of tables'
- Does it support global filters across multiple worksheets? Does it support custom hierarchies on data? Data groupings etc Does it support statistical functions such as Mean, Median, Mode etc?
I would suggest you learn some basic knowledge about how to use Power BI desktop from here. You could go through the necessary articles from the left navigation tab.
- Does it support other operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh etc?
No. Please see Minimum requirements to install Power BI desktop.
By the way, I would suggest you ask one question or related questions in one thread, and provide more description about your question so that you can get your answer more quickly and more detailedly.
Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.