Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hokiefan1113
Advocate I
Advocate I

Multiple Issues with Refresh

I'm experiecing a few issues with Report Server's refresh feature...

1. What does that 'Refresh' button on the top bar actually do? It's certainly not refreshing the report when I click it. (circled in red)

2. The only thing that DOES refresh the report is the Scheduled Refresh option. I've set it to refresh every 5 minutes, but it isn't doing every 5 minutes. The last run was at 2:00 because I clicked the Refresh Now option. It's now 2:08 and the last run was still at 2:00. So it seems to only refresh the report when I click on Refresh Now?

UPDATE: I've changed it to schedule a refresh every 30 minutes, which it does in the Scheduled refresh last run page, but that is NOT reflecting on the report itself. (ex. the mos recent run was at 4:30PM, but there's still data on my report from the 4:00PM scheduled refresh).

3. When the report actually does refresh when I manually do it in Scheduled Refresh, the Last Updated Time in my report is an hour behind...should be 2:00PM, not 1:00PM. This doesn't happen in desktop version.

refreshissues.PNG

1 REPLY 1
kieranW
Advocate I
Advocate I

I too would love to know what the Refresh button is actually supposed to do. It doesn't appear to do anything. One of the most frequent questions I get from our business users is "why isn't the data refreshing when I hit refresh".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.