Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

contact2amitesh
Frequent Visitor

Multi value parameter for Power BI desktop report

Hi everyone,

i am doing POC on Power BI report so quite new on this one. the problem i am getting is to create a multi value selection from drop down parameter for power bi report. 

I have created a data set from SQL query which is i am using as a parameter in the power bi report. When power bi opens, it prompt for the value from the drop down list which is populated with the data set. now here from that drop down i can choose only one value and my report runs perfectly fine based on that parameter but i want to enable this parameter drop down for multiple value selection similer in SSRS. please advice how can i do this.

In the snapshot below you can see in the drop down parameter list i can choose only one value.

6 REPLIES 6
YunNC
Regular Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft Do we have this functionality in 2020 yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we have this funtionality yet? 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @contact2amitesh,

Unfortunately, query patameter doesn't support multiple-selection right now. As you know, we can only choose a single value to filter dta source. If there is a few options for parameter, one workaround is to create multiple parameters, then, you can specify different values for different parameters to apply filters.

You caould submit this feature request at ideas page, your feedback is valuable to improve the level of our products. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu 

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still Dont we have any options for Multiselect in the same ? As this question was asked in 2017. Was this resolved in any of the updates?

Still no multi value parameters?
contact2amitesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone,

i am doing POC on Power BI report so quite new on this one. the problem i am getting is to create a multi value selection from drop down parameter for power bi report. 

I have created a data set from SQL query which is i am using as a parameter in the power bi report. When power bi opens, it prompt for the value from the drop down list which is populated with the data set. now here from that drop down i can choose only one value and my report runs perfectly fine based on that parameter but i want to enable this parameter drop down for multiple value selection similer in SSRS. please advice how can i do this.

In the snapshot below you can see in the drop down parameter list i can choose only one value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.