Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Moving permissions from One Account to Another

Hi there

I am the owner of all the Power BI reports and have published them to the premium workspaces under my usual log in. However I have just been informed that they are changing my account details and will be using priviledged accounts and not standard user accounts, therefore my credentials are changing. . 

I tested this new account and logged in to PBI with it and as expected no reports/dashboard were showing.

My question is - is there an easy way to migrate / change ownership of reports on PowerBI. So go from my old one to my new one. Or do I have to republish

Many thanks

Kind regards

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@KarenFingerhut : Did they create a new account for you ? or did they just upgrade your privileges with same ID?, if they have created a new account (as well as login), all you need to do are as follows

- Add your new ID to workspace as owner/admin

-Share all the reports you have published to the new ID

you should be able to see the reports and manage them without any issues.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Fabulous thank you 🙂

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@KarenFingerhut : Did they create a new account for you ? or did they just upgrade your privileges with same ID?, if they have created a new account (as well as login), all you need to do are as follows

- Add your new ID to workspace as owner/admin

-Share all the reports you have published to the new ID

you should be able to see the reports and manage them without any issues.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.