Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Reports, Incorrect Security Settings, Duplicate Folders, and NT Authority \ System

Between Friday and today,

1. Many items in the Report Server went missing. The items are still visible in the report server catalog but they are missing from the reports portal.

2. Security settings changed and now admins, like myself, cannot make changes to certain folders

3. We are also seeing duplicate folder paths for the 'My Reports' folder even though there is only one My Reports in the catalog

4. Certain actions are being logged at NT Authority \ SYSTEM vs the actual active directory user.

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

1. You said that something missing in web portal, you need to check whether they are hidden, you could click Tiles->"show hidden item " to check it.

2. You said you can't manage some folders, did you have permission on those folder, please check folder's permission to see whether you are Content Manager.

3. You said that you have many My folder path, I think this might be related to User Folder, when each user have my folder, it seems will show this in User Folder, when you click on each user's  folder, you will see my folder in each user

4. NT Authority \ SYSTEM is build-in account, some actions will run in background, so it might will use built-in account.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for following up! My replies are in bold surrounded by parentheses. If you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1. You said that something missing in web portal, you need to check whether they are hidden, you could click Tiles->"show hidden item " to check it. (This didn't resolve the issue. Nothing was hidden.)

2. You said you can't manage some folders, did you have permission on those folder, please check folder's permission to see whether you are Content Manager. (The permissions are set up properly.)

3. You said that you have many My folder path, I think this might be related to User Folder, when each user have my folder, it seems will show this in User Folder, when you click on each user's  folder, you will see my folder in each user (Yes. Sorry if I was unclear but the NT account went and changed the structure of the Name of the folders in the Users Folder and now, all content which was in any "My Reports" folder, is not visible in the Report Portal althought the items still show as items in the catalog.)

4. NT Authority \ SYSTEM is build-in account, some actions will run in background, so it might will use built-in account. (Yes, but have you see the NY Auth \ Sys account create new folders and rename folders?)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.