Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

henryco88
Helper II
Helper II

Minimum refresh interval "auto page refresh" in Power BI Service

Hi,

in Power BI Service is it possible to enter a minimum refresh interval of less than 30 minutes? If I insert any value less than 30 minutes, I see the message "Enabled by your admin - Admin interval 30 minutes".

Capture.PNG
I have a premium subscription of Power BI, how can I decrease the refresh interval?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @henryco88 

I suppose you are just a capatity admin  rather than a Powerbi service admin.
(require the Microsoft 365 global admin  to assign a role of Powerbi service admin  to your current account)

210.png 

About  how to assign users to an admin role in the Microsoft 365 admin center , please refer to this document.   

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-role#assign-users-to-an-admin-role-in-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @henryco88 

If  you  have a premium subscription of Power BI and you are  an admin.

You can select  the capacity in admin portal ,

201.png

then set it in workloads  of management.

202.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-easonf-msft  thanks for the reply. I have a premium account but I don't see the options you told me in the "admin portal". Why?

power-bi-admin.png

Hi , @henryco88 

Please make sure your account have the Power BI service administrator role,otherwise  you will only see Capacity settings in the portal.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal

In addition, from the screenshots you shared, I can only judge that the workspace is allocated a dedicated capacity, but this does not mean that the account has the permission to allocate "Dedicated capacity" to any workspace.You can click any  workspace ->settings->Premium ->enable "Dedicated capacity"  to check it

209.png

Best Regards,

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

in the workspace settings I had already set the "dedicated capacity" but I still don't see the options in the admin portal. So, do I have to have some permission?

Untitled.png

Hi, @henryco88 

I suppose you are just a capatity admin  rather than a Powerbi service admin.
(require the Microsoft 365 global admin  to assign a role of Powerbi service admin  to your current account)

210.png 

About  how to assign users to an admin role in the Microsoft 365 admin center , please refer to this document.   

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-role#assign-users-to-an-admin-role-in-...

Best Regards,

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @henryco88 

according https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh 

if you have shared capacity your Minimum refresh interval is 30 minutes

also, pay attention on this 

Here are some details for the two workspace scenarios:

Shared workspaces. For regular workspaces (workspaces that aren't part of a Premium capacity), automatic page refresh has a minimum interval of 30 minutes (the lowest interval allowed).

Premium workspaces. The availability of automatic page refresh in Premium workspaces depends on the workload settings your Premium administrator has set up for the Power BI Premium capacity. There are two variables that might affect your ability to set up automatic page refresh:

Feature on/off. If your capacity administrator has disabled the feature, you won't be able to set up any type of page refresh in your published report.

Minimum refresh interval. When enabling the feature, your capacity administrator needs to set up a minimum refresh interval. If your interval is lower than the minimum, the Power BI service overrides your interval to respect the minimum interval set by your capacity administrator. That override is referred to as "Capacity admin override" in the following table.

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.