Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Power BI Report Server Connection issues

Hi,

Maybe there are posts regarding my issue but I haven't seen any resolution. I have Microsoft Power BI Report Server Octobre 2020 running on a server and a SQL/AS server running on another. I can connect to the Power BI Web server and browse to me report but when I try to run my report, I get the following error message:

Une erreur inattendue s'est produite
Une erreur inattendue s'est produite. Réessayez plus tard.
Réessayez plus tard ou contactez le support. Si vous contactez le support, fournissez ces informations.
Nous n'avons pas pu nous connecter au serveur Analysis Services. Vérifiez que vous avez entré correctement la chaîne de connexion.:
ID de demande: 51e84b4e-c03c-0d13-97fc-5152390c67c5
Heure: Tue Apr 20 2021 07:53:21 GMT+0200 (heure d’été d’Europe centrale)
Version du service: /powerbi/libs

I have followed the SPN procedure https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-kerberos-powerbi-reports and using Kerberos Configuration Manager on each server gives me status GOOD on each SPN. In the Power BI report source, I can connect using a named account but when I try to connect as the user displaying the report, it does not want to connect. I get the following message: The connection either timed out or was lost.

Can somebody please help me on this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the latest version ( Jan 2021 ) could help you. The one fixed serveral bugs of Oct 2020.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check if the latest version ( Jan 2021 ) could help you. The one fixed serveral bugs of Oct 2020.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.