Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hr_tetra
Helper I
Helper I

Metrics - cascading scorecards with hierarchies

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a scorecard with metrics. I wondered if the cascading scorecards is available or not. I cannot find them. This article seems to suggest they are available? https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/power-bi-goals-is-now-metrics-and-is-moving-to-ga/

Best regards,

Ole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

They are available in the cloud. It's a major problem with how MS communicates things. In majority of the documentation, they assume everyone would use cloud service and on-premises does not matter. As a result, there is a ton of incorrectly targeted information; "new features" being available on the cloud only (with no appropriate disclaimer) etc etc.

It's as if entire segment of enterprise customers who need more secure and manageable service did not exist. Sad, really.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No, metrics are not available in the on-prem Report Server. They are only available in the cloud service.

Thank you for the reply.

So the cascading scorecards described in the article is not available yet, or is that someting completely different? Or only availabel for premium capacities?

They are available in the cloud. It's a major problem with how MS communicates things. In majority of the documentation, they assume everyone would use cloud service and on-premises does not matter. As a result, there is a ton of incorrectly targeted information; "new features" being available on the cloud only (with no appropriate disclaimer) etc etc.

It's as if entire segment of enterprise customers who need more secure and manageable service did not exist. Sad, really.

Aha, thank you for explaining. I haven't even heard about cloud service before...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.