Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GyanendraMaurya
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Grouped Column issue: Columns are appearing with Gap in between.

Hi, I'm working on a Power BI paginated report.

I have a Matrix with a column group. This Matrix has three parent groups. Grouped columns are dynamic as its number of columns can increase or decrease based on its parent groups. This metrix is to be replicated for multiple times based on the iteams selected in the parameters.

Now because based on parent groups all columns will not be a part of each replication on matrix.

Example: Prt Group1 -- Prt group2-- Prt group3--Matrix with 3 columns,

Prt Group1 -- Prt group2-- Prt group3--Matrix with 6 columns,

Prt Group1 -- Prt group2-- Prt group3-- Matrix with 4 columns

Now when data is displayed in report Columns are not staring from the 1st place from where column1 should started instead, if it is on the 5th place or as per the auto sort; is starting from nth place having first few column space as blank. These few blank space are left because in same report's another set of matrix replication will have those few columns which are not part of first matrix replcation. Similarly in each set of data displayed in the matrix columns are getting spread out.

Ex:

Parent group 1

Parent group 2

Parent group 3

(Set 1) Metrix Data: Gap Gap Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5

data             data      data         data         data

Parent group 1

Parent group 2

Parent group 3

(Set 2) Metrix Data: Column1 Column2 Gap Gap Gap Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6 Column7

data             data                            data        data       Column_SpreadOut_Example1.PNGColumn_SpreadOut_Example2.PNG data          data          data

I would like to know how to start each column from its first place in each set with out any gap.

Please suggest can this be achieved in Power BI paginated report?

Thank you for time.

3 REPLIES 3
GyanendraMaurya
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I'm still struggling to achieve this format in PowerBI paginated report, anyhelp would be approciated.

Thank you!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@GyanendraMaurya Do you need to trim your data? Seems like you have some extra white space?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your response however there are to no white spaces to be trimmed. When I'm runnning report for a single value (Single Matrix) then results are displayes correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.