Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sastrup
Regular Visitor

Market Share Percent In Ribbon Chart - % Of Column Total

We are trying to mimic The 100% stacked bar chart's % of column total calculation on a ribbon chart. So essentially a market share % of total calculation for each date we have.

We've tried creating a measure that we thought would work but it has not:

AllDivisionTracking := CALCULATE ( [TrackingNumbers], ALL ( Divisions ) )

PercentOfTotal := DIVIDE ( [TrackingNumbers], [AllDivisionTracking] )

This measure does not seem to work when inserted as the measure on a ribbon chart. The ribbon chart seems to make this calculation over the entire date range instead of limiting it to each day as we would have expected.

Ribbon.pngStacked Column.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
matsder
Regular Visitor

Taking @deldersveld solution into consideration a ribion chart with Market Share Trends can be created. I used the formulas below and tested it for accuracy and it seems to work:

AllDivisionTracking := CALCULATE ( DistinctCount([TrackingNumbers]),FILTER(DateTable,DateTable[Date]), ALL ( Divisions ) )

PercentOfTotal := DIVIDE ( DistinctCount([TrackingNumbers]), [AllDivisionTracking] )

I added an external date table that was used in the calculation. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShaneR

I'm having the exact same problem but I think my data is set up slightly differently and I can't figure out what is going wrong. My data looks like the image attached. 

I want the X axis on the chart to be Lifecycle Stage and the Y axis to be % of total cancellations by lifecycle stage, with each column split by cancellation reason. 

I'd also like to be able to filter the resulting chart by geo and/or product type. 

These are the measures I tried:

cancellation_reasons_per_stage =CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Count]),filter('Table 1','Table 1'[Lifecycle Stage]),ALL('Table 1'[Cancellation Reason]))

%_of_total = DIVIDE(SUM('Table 1'[Count]),[cancellation_reasons_per_stage])

Thanks!
 image.png

matsder
Regular Visitor

Taking @deldersveld solution into consideration a ribion chart with Market Share Trends can be created. I used the formulas below and tested it for accuracy and it seems to work:

AllDivisionTracking := CALCULATE ( DistinctCount([TrackingNumbers]),FILTER(DateTable,DateTable[Date]), ALL ( Divisions ) )

PercentOfTotal := DIVIDE ( DistinctCount([TrackingNumbers]), [AllDivisionTracking] )

I added an external date table that was used in the calculation. 

Try using ALLEXCEPT with the date column instead of ALL: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/query-bi/dax/allexcept-function-dax

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.