Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phowe

March 2018 Upload Issues

We've just installed March 2018 Power BI Report Server and dowloaded the matching desktop edtion, but get a correput / incompatible file error when trying to upload from power bi deskop to the report server. 

error.png

Initially I thought this may be a probelm due to having both versions on power bi desktop still on the same laptop?  however I uninstalled everything and only re-installed the March 2018 version but the probelm still occours.

I am able to run direct queries from the SQL database on the server so its not a connection probelm

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @phowe,

Use October 2017 version of PowerBI Report Server. 

Thanks and Regards,

Piyush

Agree, I could do that but I'm not sure thats the right answer.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same issue, Did you find the solution to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

According to me it seems to be a version problem of Power BI Report Server, and a compatibility issue with the Power BI Desktop.

For now, the only March version which work fine, is the 1.2.6648.38132 (Build 15.0.2.378) version of Power BI Report Server and the  2.56.5023.1043 64-bit (mars 2018) version of Power BI Desktop.

futhermore, when you read the Power BI Report Server Changelog (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog), you can see that the version mentioned above,is the last one released the same day that PowerBI Desktop.

The two latest versions have been released wihout a dedicated desktop version, so it could be the issue.

So I recomend to stay with the 1.2.6648.38132 (Build 15.0.2.378) version

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked for me, maybe you should give it a try if problem still persists.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.