Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tmendoza
Helper III
Helper III

(Managing Roles) Assigning Row-Level Security with Measures is Making Visuals Go Blank

Hello all,

This is my first time posting to the community, so I hope this works.

I've been banging my head against my monitor trying to figure this one out.

I've got a table that counts the number of employee's by their Job Title, Level and Job Family.

BI Table.PNG

What I'm trying to do is assign a Role that does not allow folks to see Rows that have an Employee Count of 2 or below.

This could allow people to figure out salaries based off of the other visuals that express labor costs.

"Employee Count" is a measure expressed by (DISTINCTCOUNT('Employee Detail'[Employee]). I'm trying to use this in my DAX formula; however, the formula is making all my visuals go blank.

I've also tried this DAX expression that exclueds the measure, but still makes all my visuals blank.

DISTINCTCOUNT([Employee])>"2".

DAX RLS.PNG

Can anyone offer my a solution that will allow me to create a role that will stop people seeing any rows that have an employee count of 2 or below.

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

That is correct,

I'll take down this post, since it's already been solved on the other one.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how to delte this post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors