cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KarenP Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mailto Link

I have added a text box with verbage to contact a person should they have questions on a on-premis dashboard.

I have added the hyperlink but when I click on the hyperlink - I get a pop up that reads You will need a new app to pen this mailto.  When I click ok.  Nothng happens.

Does this feature not work in on-premis power bi? 

Or could I be doing something wrong?

Thank you

Karen

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mailto Link

Sounds like you're experimenting with the features that integrate Power BI and Power Apps, which is not currently supported in on-prem Report Server.

Where did you get the text-box from? Are you definately using the Report Server version of Power BI Desktop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mailto Link

Hi @KarenP,

I've just tested your scenario, it works for me (using Power BI Report Server March 2018).

Can you confirm you have a default app registered to open mailto: links? E.g. if you create the same link in an office document, does it open your default mail client?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 450 members 4,195 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: