Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MSBI Retrieve Filters and Selected Categories (Values) in Filters

Hi,

I have to been trying to integrate PowerBI to my system. For which I need to retrieve a prebuilt report and a specific page of the report. Then get the filters and Tables (if exist) of the report modify it as per requirements and push the values to the powerBI report to show the modified results. I have tried the REST API provided by the PowerBI which doesn't have any retrieve/get filter api. Then I tried PowerBI Client React which has a getFilter and getSlicer functions associated with report and page. But whenever I call getFilter,  it always returns an empty array, even if the page has several filters. Can anyone please suggest me a possible solution for:

1. Retrieving all filters of a specific page of a report and the values that were selected by the user

2. Get the table(built as visual table) of that page if that page has any.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

TakrimRahmanAlb_0-1671008954713.png

For this screenshot for example, 

1. I want to get all the selected filters such as {Subclass1: [ALL], Subclass2: [DRILLING CONTRACT], Bkr Grp- Pol: [ALL]...}

2. Get the data of the table below or the table itselt (array or dataframe)

Kind Regards

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Could you pls share your sample data and expected output result, remember to remove confidential data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.