Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wskallmeyer
Advocate II
Advocate II

Loading data image remaining within SharePoint page

I have a Power BI Desktop report where the "Loading Data" image will not go away. 

I am using Power BI Desktop (October 2017).  Version 2.51.4885.2501. 

I am using PBIRS 1.1.6582.41691 (October 2017) but downloaded in January. 

I am using SP2013 with Page Viewer webpart and IE 11.0.9600. 

I am using an Import query to a local SQL Server 2012 db.

And a line chart.

If I load report directly in PBRIS the Loading data image behaves properly.  But when I use a SP2013 Page Viewer webpart with rs:Embed=true I see the visualization and it does finish loading yet the Loading Data image remains perpetually.  

I have also noted that is works properly in Chrome 63.

Any ideas?  I have made the visualization and query as simple as possible to eliminate any issues that I can think of.

I used to be able to load screen shots but not sure what happened for those of you who are visually inclined.  If I figure it out I will try to add that information as well.

Thanks in advance, Scott

1 REPLY 1
pbx
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, this is been mentioned before on this forum. The issue is SharePoint by default serves pages in IE-10 compatibilty mode, which PBI doesn't like. You need to change SharePoint master page to server the page in IE-11, but that could break some SharePoint functionalities, such as opening document libraries in Explorer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.