Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JPET
Frequent Visitor

Link to another report in the Power BI app

Is it possible to link from one report to another report on the report server using the Power BI app? I've tried to make a https web link as an action in a dashboard. When i'm in the Power BI app an click on the link, the report opens in the browser on the iPad instead of opening in the Power BI app.

From the Microsoft documentation it seems possible when using the online service.

Is it possible to link from one report to another report on the report server, staying in the Power BI app all the time?

4 REPLIES 4
heyjay_0101
Frequent Visitor

was this ever resolved? also looking for a way or at least a workaround on this challenge. 

No it was unfortunately not resolved.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Just to make it clear, Power BI App is a cloud version which will hold Power BI reports and Dashabords from workspaces. We dont have Power BI App concept for report server and you can give only link in the Power BI App and your report server report will not open inside Power BI App. 

If you want to open your report within Power BI app then create your report in Power BI cloud and then you can open it.

Thanks

Hari

Hi Hari,

Thx for your reply.

The Power BI App works fine with the report server. It's possible to add a report server to the Power BI App. I'm able to view all of my organinizations reports on the report server in the Power BI app.

My problem is that i want to link from one report to another report on the report server, staying in the Power BI app all the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.