Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MagneNordskag
Regular Visitor

Let enduser control fonts i embeded solution

I have a customer the wants to know if it's possible to let an end user of an Web application which embeds a power bi report server  report to controll the Fontsize, -color, -type in tables, headings and so on.

From what I can find in the documentation there is no way of doing this by passing in parameters or any other way. Have anyone done something similar?

4 REPLIES 4
JohanArebert67

In the Power BI embedded solution I created, I let my users change font types and all of the colors on the app itself.

Here is the result in an animated gif.  To view the full report you can go to and in the footer, there are link irons for the color picker.  If you want the PBIX file just email me.

Podiumbi
Frequent Visitor

In the Power BI embedded solution I created, I let my users change font types and all of the colors on the app itself.

Snag_1cb11dda.png

To change the colors on a report, you would need to get creative.

I created a Parameter and made the values go from 1 to 595.

Podiumbi_0-1665627971421.png

I created a color table using the enter data feature and added a column for color, code, and id.  I downloaded the color codes from the web.

Podiumbi_1-1665627971529.png

Then I joined the color table to the parameter table on ID.

Podiumbi_2-1665627971422.png

Then I created a simple measure that grab the color code.

Podiumbi_3-1665627971947.png

Lastly, I passed the color into the background expression.

Podiumbi_4-1665627972036.png

Here is the result in a animated gif.  To view the full report you can go to https://www.podiumbi.com/powerbi-reporting-software/ and in the footer there is a link for the color picker.  If you want the PBIX file just email me.

Podiumbi_5-1665627972702.gif

But this would not work for font-size and other items that that does not have conditional formating right?

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No this is not possible

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.