Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TOK
Helper II
Helper II

Large Datasets in PowerBI Report Server

Hi,

i have a simple and structured, but large sales dataset I want to use for time series analysis in PowerBI.

Right now I am not capable of loading it as the dataset would be too large for saving it to PBI Report Server. 

Max. file size is already increased from 1 GB to 2 GB.. I would need at least 4 GB.

I know there are lot's of work around for large datasets in PBI Service, but I haven't found a helpfull one for PBI Report Server.
Is anyone out there dealing with similar problems, who found a practical solution to decrease the file size?

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

2Gb is the max file size for a pbix file on Report Server. To host larger datasets on-prem the best solution is to install SQL Server Analysis Services in Tabular mode and deploy your models there. This has the added advantage that you can setup multiple partitions and do incremental refresh and you can then link multiple reports back to that single model in live connect mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.