Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jan 2020 multi value Param Problem

Hi all,

anyone experienced the following behavior in Jan 2020 update?

I have a multi-value parameter @param and another parameter @ParamOpt

in the query for the dataset it looks like:

select * from table where ID = @ParamOpt

when I run the query I get an wired error message, so I checked in the query profiler and there I see

select * from table where ID = N'value1',N'value2'Opt

this didn´t occur before and seems to be a topic in Jan2020 release.

Best regards,

Thomas

6 REPLIES 6
messerjc
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I'm not in a position to test on our system, but just curious if you've tried 

select * from table where ID = (@ParamOpt) 

and if that gives you any different results? I have a vague old memory about parentheses being the proper form? Might not make a difference though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

No this doesn´t solve the issue. The Params were obviosly replaced or inserted via string replace and there is something different compared to old versions.

This is apparently a bug which the product team are aware of and they are working on an updated Jan download.   I don't think they have a specific timeline for when this will be available, but they do want to get it out as soon as they can. (so keep checking the date of the relase at https://aka.ms/pbireportserver and see when it changes from Jan 27th)

In the short term the only work around I am aware of is to rename your parameters so the names are not a subset of each other. (eg if you rename @param to @Param1 it will no longer "overlap" with the start of @ParamOpt) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@d_gosbell : could you check another issue for me? When editing an subscription, where an old user, who left company already and is erased from AD, I get an error message indicating, that the user was not found. Surprisingly I was not able to find any hints, where the user was involved so I´m struggling in editing the subscriptions at the moment.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thomas

When you edit the subscription check the owner for that subscription. If it is the deleted account then you will have to change this. Any subscriptions owned by deleted or disabled accounts will not run and I don't think you will be able to save edit to these subscriptions without changing the owner account as PBIRS will not be able to validate the owner (this is a security mechanism to prevent people somehow setting up reports to be forwarded to them after they have left a company).

For this reason we usually use special "service" accounts with non-expiring passwords when setting up data driven subscriptions. 

Microsoft just released an update this issue along with a few others

See here for the change log https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog

And you can download the update from here https://aka.ms/pbireportserver 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.