Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ccparkhill
Helper II
Helper II

Jan 2019 - assigning shared datasource to paginated report

If I manually upload an RDL file and then browse to a shared data source the January 2019 release of PBIRS lets me choose a data source and then save but if I run the report or go back into Data sources under Manage I get the following error:
We can no longer find this data source. If it was moved, choose it from its new location.

If I deploy from Visual Studio there is no problem. I don't get this issue with the August 2018 release.

9 REPLIES 9
Erland

Hi,

We are also having the same issue of not being able to assign a datasourec to an .rdl file on teh report server. We upgraded the report server from August 2018 to January 2019.

We'd be very keen also to receive update or advice on the issue as soon as possible

Thanks

Confirm the same issuein our company.

Initially described that here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Can-t-change-data-source-for-Paginaged-Report-located-on-PBI...

We have issued a fix for this issue in the latest build 15.0.1102.235. Please upgrade to the latest build available.

Thanks,
Rohit

Yep, it's fixed. Many thanks. Note: I don't think we have access to see the build version, but the Product version / File version for the installation file I downloaded (that fixed the problem) is 1.4.6969.7395. Here's a direct link to the download page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/.

The use of the error icon can be a little misleading. Once you select a shared data source, the Save button is enabled. Clicking on the Save button executes the task after which the Save button is disabled. However the mouse is still on the Save button and, since it's disabled now, the mouse cursor displays the error icon (the error icon is displayed whenever the mouse is over a disabled selection). This happens so quickly that it looks like the the button click is returning an error. You have to click away from the Data sources menu and then back to it to confirm that the action succeeded.

Again, thanks for fixing this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all, 

Downloading the new release at the moment. Will upgrade servers tonight.

Appreciate the quick turn around.

Hendrik

Thanks, this now seems to be resolved.

By the way, I notice that the download page has "Try SQL Server 2017 Preview" under System Requirements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem. 

Cannot change existing reports in the SSRS instance to a different Shared Data Source either.

QA reports being uploaded to the server ( manual upload of RDL ) and wanting to change Data Source to shared data source doesn't work.

Can update RDL to having custom data source, but then will not update back to shared data sources.

No such issues in the August 2018 version.

This is very critical for us.

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting this we'll investigate and keep you updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update yet on this situation ? 

This is rather a pivotal issues for existing environments ( SSRS instances ) wanting to upgrade to having PowerBI be their SSRS instance as well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.